Talvi Joensuussa

Monday, March 10, 2014

I actually took these photos months ago, because I wanted to show you how beautiful winter (talvi) in Joensuu (Joensuussa) can be. Since I have already showed autumn on this blog, it might be interesting to compare and contrast. One of my biggest regrets about Finland is that I only got to live there in the bad part of the year - since autumn colors were that amazing, I bet spring is equally wonderful, if not even more!

Anyway, this really isn't Joensuu now, as it was really warm there 10 days ago, when I left. As I mentioned before, warm in this sense means around 2 degrees. :) Actually, this February was the second warmest in Finland since 1900 - earlier I would have said that I got lucky, but having survived Finnish January, I kinda feel bad - it's like seeing and experiencing global warming at its worst, and Finnish winter is really not impossible to endure, not even for me. It's also not nearly as beautiful now in Joensuu as it was some time ago, because the snow is melting and it's ugly and dirty. So here are the oldies, but goldies! :)


Poor naked men, freezing
Cozy! 
13:49

Notice the large portion of the snow on the river
OK, if Finland can cooperate with Germany... so can I. ;)

Greetings from the very, very warm Potsdam!
Tihana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Feel free to say hi! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs